Hal’s years of commitment to the adoption process has made him the most experienced adoption attorney in the State of New Mexico. Over the years he has earned a reputation as the best Albuquerque/New Mexico adoption attorney through his work with adoptive families, birth parents, foster parents and adoptees in agency and independent (direct placement) adoptions, step-parent adoptions, grandparent adoptions, second-parent adoptions, co-parent adoptions, gay adoptions, lesbian adoptions, LGBT adoptions, interstate adoptions, international adoptions, relative adoptions, domestic adoptions and Indian Child Welfare Act adoptions.
- Native New Mexican
- Graduated from the University of New Mexico Cum Laude in General Honors in 1985
- Juris Doctorate from the University of New Mexico in 1988
- Admitted to the New Mexico Bar in 1988
- Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Member of The Adoption and Foster Care Alliance (AFCA) of New Mexico
- Former President of The Adoption and Foster Care Alliance of New Mexico
- Past Chair of AFCA Legislative Committee
- Member of the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Past Chair of the New Mexico Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Former Insurance Defense Attorney litigating cases on a frequent basis
Hal’s other passion is running. He has completed 15 marathons (3:14 best time) and many 10k runs (39:30 Personal Record). He was also the Race Director for the 2005 Albuquerque Tricentennial 1/2 Marathon.